Information Technology Services (ITS)
Systems & Solutions Group
What we do
The Systems & Solutions Group (SSG) of Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) in Information Technology Services provides the services below for University divisions.
EIS provisions the following key services to support the business needs of the University of Toronto community:
- Landing zone – implementation & managed
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Cloud consultation
Book an intake meeting with us today to share your business requirements and learn more about our cloud services.
Visit Landing Zone Services in the Azure Cloud to learn more.
EIS provides system management for Windows and Linux operating systems on a virtual machine (VM) hosted in the ITS Private Cloud by the EIS Hardware Infrastructure Group (HIG).
For clients, EIS-SSG provides system management and acts as the gateway to all ITS services. EIS-SSG performs all requests internally on your behalf to streamline your ITS support experience.
For non-clients, EIS-SSG is happy to consult on your system support needs and provide guidance on next steps.
New clients are always welcome!
Make a request:
|Client services||Non-client services|
|Linux OS||Windows OS||Linux & Windows OS|
For cloud service pricing, visit Landing Zone Services in the Azure Cloud – what cloud services are provided at U of T?
- EIS infrastructure services include hosting provided by EIS-HIG, backups provided by EIS-HIG and system management provided by EIS-SSG.
- EIS infrastructure service pricing includes bandwidth free of charge.
- EIS rates are competitive with public cloud hosting solutions, especially when associated costs including bandwidth are factored in.
- The “storage tier” can be selected when virtual machines are created. (Note: iSCSI storage must be arranged by special request and cannot be selected as an option.)
- For an estimate of projected costs, use the EIS-SSG virtual machine cost calculator. (Check the box for “system management” to include this fee.)
- Backup services are required for system management clients to ensure a seamless delivery of management services.
- Backups are required for all VMs managed by EIS-SSG
- Backup calculator
Infrastructure services pricing key
|Item||Description||May 1, 2023||May 1, 2024||May 1, 2025|
|Memory||vRAM (per GB)||$75||$78||$82.50|
|Storage tier 1||HDD (per GB)||$0.15||$0.20||$0.25|
|Storage tier 2||SSD (per GB)||$0.30||$0.45||$0.65|
|Storage tier 3||iSCSI (per GB)||$0.75||$0.80||$0.80|
|Backups||UTORrecover||See calculator||See calculator||See calculator|
|System management fee||Annual fee per VM includes:||$2,500||$2,500||$2,500|
- Debit memos or invoices are issued on the first of the month, and capture all usage costs incurred in the month prior, including a percentage of the annual system support fee.
- Debit memos are issued on behalf of the SSG by the ITS Private Cloud group, a team within EIS.
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Linux Operating Systems
- Windows Operating Systems
- Sept. 13, 2023: ServiceNow (ESC) – User guides
- Aug. 14, 2023: ServiceNow (ESC) to replace Jira effective Sept. 21, 2023
Contact us in ServiceNow
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org