ISC Research Information Security Working Group
Terms of reference
The purpose of this working group is to enable research in a trusted and resilient way.
The Information Security Council (ISC) Research Information Security Working Group (RISWG) provides expert analysis, draft artifacts and tools, and advises scholars on information security and risk management as they apply to research. The RISWG serves as the key expert body on balancing protections and the impacts of mitigations to:
- Recommend security architectures and frameworks for digital research infrastructure
- Recommend guidelines, and standards if needed, to reasonably mitigate digital risk and protect scholars and research intellectual property
- Recommend guidelines to comply with research data security requirements to meet University, government, partner and funder requirements
- Advise scholars, the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), the ISC and the DRI@UT Advisory Council on research information security risk management
- Initiate awareness campaigns on research data security, including preventing and responding to incidents such as a breach or ransomware attack
The RISWG is comprised of individuals from the University of Toronto who engage in research, support research, or otherwise have a vested interest in research and research operations. The RISWG will report progress, findings and recommendations to the ISC, DRI@UT Advisory Council, and the CISO as they are developed, executed and improved.
Meetings are held every third Tuesday of the month from 9 to 10 a.m.
|Sue McGlashan (chair)||Research Information Security Lead, Information Security, Information Technology Services|
|Dylanne Dearborn||Research Data Management Coordinator, Map and Data Library|
|Jeremy Graham||Assistant Director, Operations, Academic, Research & Collaborative (ARC) Technologies, ITS|
|Vinita Haroun||Director, Centre for Research & Innovation Support, VPRI|
|Rhain Louis||Manager, Research Oversight and Compliance, VPRI|
|Stephen Marks||Digital Preservation Librarian, Library, ITS|
|Marden Paul||Director, Planning, Governance & Assessment, ITS|
|Matthew Robertazzi||Research Partnerships Officer, Innovations & Partnerships Office, VPRI|
|Kevin Yang||Senior Business Analyst, Information & Instructional Technology Services, U of T Scarborough|
|Claire Yu||Computer Systems Manager, Department of Statistical Sciences|