Information Technology Services (ITS)
U of T partners with Ontario government for CSAM
Published on: October 9, 2019
The University of Toronto’s Information Technology Services’ (ITS) Information Security and Education & Awareness teams is partnering with the Government of Ontario to help raise awareness of Cyber Security Awareness Month (CSAM).
CSAM is an internationally recognized campaign held each October to inform people around the world of the importance of cyber security and to educate people on how to protect not only their work environment but also themselves.
How individuals manage their accounts and what level of security they choose to implement is a personal choice. However, it should be an informed choice, says Ontario Public Service (OPS).
Here are some steps to put into practice, as recommended by OPS’ 2019 CSAM joint campaign:
- Practise good password etiquette.
- Accept updates to your mobile devices, computers and applications.
- Secure your social media and email accounts.
- Be on guard for phishing messages.
- Store your data securely and know your back-up procedures.
Click on the infographic links below to learn more about common cyber threats and how you can protect yourself.
- Cyber security basics 101
- Cyber crimes trending now in cyber security
- Protect yourself from the most common cyber threats
Other OPS resources to check out include cyber security-related articles: