IT@UofT Strategic Plan
The Information Technology Services (ITS) division, under the leadership of Chief Information Officer (CIO) Bo Wandschneider, has now completed a year-long strategic planning process.
The University of Toronto’s IT@UofT strategic plan will focus and guide our efforts to support the University’s academic mission through information technology services, informing the vision, framework and initiatives, both within ITS and across the University for the next five years. Additionally, the strategic plan, directed by guiding principles, will provide a clear picture of and lead our IT investments in a rapidly evolving environment. In effect, this plan will shape IT@UofT.
The plan has been created with the input of all staff within ITS and key stakeholders from the broader University of Toronto community, under the guidance of a highly engaged steering committee.
The IT@UofT strategic plan, informed by guiding principles, includes:
A shared vision informed by our five core values.
Our broad goals to address emergent needs.
Priorities and achievement targets for the next three years.
IT@UofT – Leading Change in Our Community
Your feedback and questions are valued and welcome. Contact us with comments or inquiries at email@example.com.
Community Consultation Process
Input of staff, partners and stakeholders has been critical to the development of the plan. Meetings and focus groups took place over an eight month period to gather valuable community feedback. The full process including milestones is outlined below.
During the consultation process, 670 IT staff, faculty students and administrators participated in our community consultation as part of the IT@UofT strategic plan process and actively participated in creating the vision.
The University of Toronto IT@UofT strategic plan steering committee met each term to provide guidance and recommendations from an institutional perspective.
Members of the IT@UofT strategic plan steering committee:
|Diane Horton||Associate Professor, Teaching||Computer Science|
|Donald Boyes||Associate Professor||Department Of Geography And Planning|
|Sean Suleman||Director, Human Resources & Workplace Investigations||Human Resources And Equity|
|Jay Pratt||Vice Dean||Research And Infrastructure|
|Judith Chadwick||Assistant Vice President||Research Services Office|
|Mary Lyne||Chief Administrative Officer||Rotman School Of Management|
|Meagan Lau||Graduate student (Masters at iSchool)|
|Steve Bailey||Director||Academic And Campus Events|
|Susan McCahan||Vice Provost||Innovations In Undergraduate Education|
|Ulrich J. Krull||Vice President and Principal||University Of Toronto Mississauga|
|Zoran Piljevic||Information and Instruction Technology Services Director||University Of Toronto Scarborough|
Community Engagement Resources
- Information session presentation – October 2018
- Questionnaire – Envision the Future of IT at University of Toronto
- Download the summary
- Download the full report
- Download the launch presentation
- Watch the launch video
- Educause 2018 – Top 10 IT Issues Summary
- Presentation – All-staff Strategic Planning Launch (July 9 & 16)
- Lowendahl, J., Thayer, T., & Morgan, G. (2016). Top 10 Business Trends Impacting Higher Education in 2017. Gartner. doi:G00304275 (Access Gartner resources.)
- Lowendahl, J., Thayer, T., & Morgan, G. (2016). Top 10 Strategic Technologies Impacting Higher Education in 2017. Gartner. doi:G00304274 (Access Gartner resources.)
- Mesaglio, M., & Ruggero, J. (2016). Gartner’s Guide to Creating World-Class IT Principles. Gartner. doi:G00253902 (Access Gartner resources.)