- This event has passed.
Accessibility & procurement
October 18, 2022, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Virtual session: Teams
This session will provide participants with a foundation to interpreting the accessible procurement rules under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Participants will discover the specific legislative requirements around accessibility design criteria and features, and how these apply to the procurement of goods, services and facilities. Participants will use tools and strategies supporting incorporation of these criteria and features into existing procurement processes. As well, participants will employ these criteria and features when examining any supporting documentation, learning how to appropriately evaluate against them.
- Interpret the legal context impacting how the University procures goods, services and facilities.
- Discover the criteria and features of accessibility design.
- Employ accessibility design criteria and features when examining procurement documents.
- Platform access information: This session will be delivered using MS Teams and use the live-captions function. Information on how to access the captions, and all other accessibility information for MS Teams, can be found at the MS Teams accessibility page. General information on how to use MS Teams can be found on this EASI MS Teams Meeting instruction sheet.
- Breaks: one 10-minute break will be provided at the one-hour point.
- Participation: participants are invited to ask questions using the “raise hand” feature in MS Teams. Participation via the chat function within MS Teams is also welcome. Any questions you might wish to be addressed can be sent to Ben Poynton (email@example.com) ahead of the session.
- Presentation: an accessible PowerPoint presentation will be used for the introductory portion of the session. This will be emailed to participants ahead of time.
- Questions: If you have any accessibility questions or are looking for further information on how we might support your participation, please contact Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
Register for the event on the official event page.