Student e-Communications Consultation
In November 2009, the CIO initiated community consultation to identify student needs and solutions for email and other institutionally-provided e-communications services.
Terms of reference
- Review the range and adequacy of current University services that support the e-communication needs of students.
- Recommend to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) future directions for student e-communications services that reflect changing academic and co-curricular needs, enhanced student experience and fiscal priorities.
- Identify concerns and obligations in matters such as the protection of privacy and information security that must be addressed in determining provisioning arrangements.
- Recommend to the CIO the way in which student e-communications services should be provided (i.e., which should be University-operated, which University-facilitated, and which left to personal arrangement by individual students?)
The following individuals generously offered to participate in the consultation:
- Sarah Ahmed, Student, UTM
- Arif Anwar, Student, OISE
- Christine Arsenault, Director, Department of Management Co-Op Program, UTSC
- Michelle Cortes, Strategic Communications
- Deanne Fisher, Director, Office of Student Life, St. George Campus
- Clare Hasenkampf, Director, Centre for Teaching and Learning, UTSC
- Kelly Jay, Communications, Faculty of Arts and Science
- Rochelle Mazar, Emerging Technologies Librarian, UTM
- Chris McGrath, Assistant Dean, Student Affairs, UTM
- Akash Patel, Student, Faculty of Medicine
- Maryann Raby, Student, UTSC
- Seamus Ross, Dean, iSchool
- Elizabeth Smyth, Vice-Dean, School of Graduate Studies (Chair of the Committee)
- Kim Stymest, Student, Information Studies
- Cynthia Yao, Student, Trinity College
- Alex Nishri, Manager, Email & Web Services, ITS
- Marden Paul, Director, Planning, Governance & Assessment, ITS
- Paul Ruppert, Director of Integrated Client Services, ITS