Information Technology Services (ITS)
Published on: August 18, 2017
Huawei Lunch & Learn: Data Center Network Technologies and Solutions
|Date||Monday, August 28 2017|
|Time||11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.|
|Location||Room 1230 Bahen Building, St. George Campus, University of Toronto|
Data Centers are specialized environments that safeguard your company’s most valuable equipment and intellectual property. The data center house the massive devices that can provide business transactions, website, finiancial records, and emails etc. Today, there are more and more services move to cloud like Iaas, PaaS. Data center becomes more popular. IT professionals face more challenges on how to build strong, reliable, intelligence networks to support various applications. This event will help professionals to understand more about Data Center.
Topics will be covered:
- DC network trends
- 100G switching fabric builds fast network
- Virtualization improves resource utilization
- Fully open structure drives cloud service innovation
- Legacy DC challenges
- How does network adapt virtualizarion environment.
- How does IT administrator shorten depolyment time.
- How do resources integrate and share.
- How does network grow fast to improve performance.
- DC technologies and solutions
- Clos Architecture
- Virtrual Switch
- DC Successful case sharing.
- Simon Freaser University Data Center
- Server Manina VxLAN
- Asigra Cloud Backup Data Center
You will learn about Data Center architecture, technologies, and solution.
About the Presenter: Karan is IP Product Manager at Huawei Canada, where his team manage data center products. His team has worked on networking solutions for several sites at the Simon Fraser University, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, Ryerson University, and George Brown College.