Microsoft Campus Agreement
Published on: April 17, 2013
Information Technology Services is pleased to announce the University’s new Microsoft Campus Agreement. Funding was approved through the annual budget process as recommended by the President’s Divisional Advisory Committee (DAC).
Under the Microsoft Campus Agreement, divisions and departments will be eligible to download specific Microsoft applications (including Microsoft Office) at no charge for installation only on university-owned equipment. Other Microsoft products can be purchased at specially negotiated prices through a centrally contracted reseller CDW Canada Inc.
**The Microsoft Campus Agreement includes the following:
- Windows Desktop Operating System (not servers) – All editions
- Microsoft Office Professional (Windows and Mac) – current edition + upgrades and past versions
- Forefront Endpoint Protection (Anti-virus for Windows)
- System Center Endpoint Protection 2012 (Anti-virus for Windows, Linux and Mac)
- Core Client Access Licenses (CALs)
- Windows Server CAL
- Microsoft SharePoint Server Standard CAL
- Microsoft Exchange Server Standard CAL
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Client Management License
- Microsoft Lync Server Standard CAL
- Free product upgrades for the duration of the agreement (3 years)
**For full details and specially negotiated pricing for Enterprise CAL products, please go to http://microsoft.utoronto.ca
What equipment is eligible?
All University owned hardware (including Apple hardware), regardless of location.
HOME USE PROGRAM:
The agreement offers a bonus service called the Home Use Program to faculty and staff. This program allows faculty and staff to purchase up to two (2) Microsoft Office Professional licenses for installation on personally owned machines for $11.00 per machine.
To take advantage of the Home Use Program, faculty and staff should access the Microsoft Campus Agreement official program website with UTORid credentials from a UofT network to request access for home download.
Information about the Microsoft Campus Agreement, Home Use Program and download details are available at the official program website http://microsoft.utoronto.ca. Access to the website is available from the UofT network only with UTORid credentials.