Information Technology Services (ITS)
Holiday giving – get involved and help those in need!
Published on: October 21, 2019
This fall/winter season, the University of Toronto (U of T) community is encouraged to help make a difference for families in need.
The Information Technology Services’ (ITS) Education & Awareness team is collecting non-perishable food items, gifts for all ages, toiletries and gift cards for Red Door Family Shelter.
There are three options for donating:
- Items can be dropped off now until Dec.18 to: Ann-Marie Colacino, Education & Awareness (Communications), Robarts Library, 7th Floor, room 7018. Email: email@example.com.
(Please note: items received before Dec. 12 will be distributed to families in need before Dec. 25, 2019. Anything received after Dec. 12 will be distributed in early 2020).
- Staff may bring their donation(s) to the ITS All Staff Holiday Celebration on Dec. 19 at the Faculty Club (invite only). This will be the final day for donations.
- You can also donate to the ITS team fundraising page.
Donations must be new and unused (no gift wrapped items please). Items most in need include:
- Non-perishable food or grocery gift cards for the shelter’s food banks
- Gifts for teens (beauty products, electronics, gift cards for clothing stores, movie theatre)
- Toys for all ages
- Adult toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, deodorant, lip balm, toothbrushes, toothpastes, etc
- New winter jackets, coats and boots
- Winter gloves, socks, scarves and hats
- New baby items: baby clothing and outerwear
- Baby toiletries: diapers, baby wipes, baby shampoo and baby lotion
- Baby gift baskets for new mothers (unisex arrangements if possible)
- Kitchen items: toasters, dish sets, cups and cutlery
- Sheets and towels
- Feminine hygiene products
More information on the items the shelter is most in need of.
Participating in these charitable efforts is a great way to demonstrate ITS’ display of the “People Pillar” within the IT@UofT Strategic Plan. Our team is made up of outstanding individuals who are engaged, respectful and value inclusivity and equity. Thank you for your participation!
If you have questions about the donations, please contact Ann-Marie Colacino: firstname.lastname@example.org.