Information Technology Services (ITS)
Access to Lynda.com Online Courses
Published on: April 5, 2018
As a student, staff, or faculty member at University of Toronto, you now have access to Lynda.com, an online learning resource with high-quality instructional videos taught by recognized experts. Using your UTORid to log in, you may choose from more than 1,400 online self-paced courses that cover a wide range of topics, including business, IT, software, and design. The Lynda.com is available to any current student or employee at the university.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access Lynda.com?
Direct access is available via University of Toronto Web Login to Lynda.com.
How can I get the most from Lynda.com?
To learn how to get the most of Lynda.com resources, take a few minutes to review Getting Started with Lynda.com.
What are some features of Lynda.com?
- Unlimited access to courses on a wide variety of technologies and disciplines
- Up-to-date content to keep skills current and to learn new skills
- Materials developed by recognized industry experts
- Access to exercises and activities to follow along as you learn
- Closed captioning and searchable, time coded transcripts
- Beginner to advanced level courses
- The option to watch complete courses or individual videos as you need them
- Mobile app access
What are some example subjects I can learn on Lynda.com?
There are over 1,400 video tutorials available through lynda.com. Here are some examples:
- Twitter for Business
- Social Media Marketing with Facebook and Twitter
- Vimeo Essential Training
- WordPress Essential Training
- Outlook 2016: Time Management with Calendar and Tasks
- PowerPoint 2016 New Features
- OneNote 2016
- Word 2016 Mail Merge in Depth
- Building Templates in Word
- Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth
- Time Management Fundamentals
- Up and Running with Photoshop Elements 11
- Windows 10 Tips and Tricks
Where can I get support?
For support in use of this resource please visit the Lynda.com Help Site
eCampusOntario negotiated access to all Lynda.com content for students, faculty, and staff at all publicly-funded Ontario Universities and Colleges at no cost until September 21, 2020.