Information Technology Services (ITS)
Cyber Security Awareness Month
Published on: November 6, 2015
October was Cyber Security Awareness Month. Information Technology Services shared a number of useful cyber security tips to help raise awareness about online security.
The following is a digest of the October campaign:
- “Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don’t let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months.” – C.Stoll
- New password policy options for a better and stronger password
- 6 Simple Mobile Security Tips
#UofTCyberAware #UofT #CyberAware
- “It’s OK to phone someone for confirmation if you think an email is suspicious.”
- Thanks to
@TAMU_IT, you can fight a cyber villain & learn a few things about security. http://goo.gl/J2gcR1 #UofTCyberAware #CyberAware
- “Don’t reuse passwords between different sites. Consider using a password manager.” # # #
- Are you two steps ahead? Securing your personal accounts with 2-step authentication where available is the way to go! Check out the video on 2-step authentication.
- Relax when travelling, but prepare and be aware! Cybersecurity tips for travelling.
- Top 10 Online Safety Practices from Public Safety Canada
- UTM’s Top 10 Security Tips Hackers Don’t Want You to Know